ANNOUNCEMENT: UK Adviser is now PA Adviser. Read more.

Swiss & Global launches Chindonesia Fund

Swiss & Global has launched a Luxembourg-domiciled equity fund targeting growth in Chindonesia.

|

The Julius Baer Chindonesia Fund, a Ucits III structured vehicle, will combine direct exposure to Chindonesia with investment in satellite countries benefiting from economic ties with the China, India and Indonesia triangle. It is managed by Vincent Lagger and Jian Shi Cortesi.

Julius Baer said the aim of the fund is to identify stocks early in their growth phase which are benefiting from competitive advantages. A minimum of 80% of the portfolio will be invested in the Chindonesia universe, leaving 20% available for investment in companies listed outside Chindonesia but generating the majority of their revenues in these three countries.

Key examples of areas the managers will tap into outside of Chindonesia include resources, via Mongolia and Kazakhstan, gambling via, Hong Kong, and consumer electronics, via Taiwan and Korea.

“Chindonesia’s economic activity already today equals 47% of the US economy,” said Lagger and Cortesi. “For the last eight years the countries have been the top three profit generators in Asia. The twenty-first century may well become the ‘Chindonesia’ century.”

IA Fund Facts
Fund name
: Julius Baer Multistock – Chindonesia Fund
Launch date: 30.09.2010
Domicile: Luxembourg
Legal structure: Sicav under Luxembourg law
Investment advisor: Swiss & Global Asset Management Ltd., Zurich
Base currency: USD
Management fee: max. 1.40% p.a.
Benchmark: no benchmark
ISIN / Security ID No.: LU0529499989 / 11573817
 

Latest Stories